These pickles are so yummy and they didn't last more than a couple of days in the fridge because my hubby ate them all up! This year we planted Boston Pickling Cucumbers. We had so many I just had to try pickling my own. These cucumbers are also very delightful by themselves. I'm pretty sure these are okay on my current diet plan.
4 cups of white distilled vinegar
5 cups of water
6 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of red pepper chili flakes.
*You can also add dill to this recipe. I, however, did not because we didn't have any in the pantry.
2. Arrange your cucumber slices in your Ball Jar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes per jar
- Add 3 cloves of garlic to each jar
3. In a large pan, boil the water and white vinegar. Once it comes to a boil, ladle into each jar. Fill to the very top and put top on. Screw the ring on tightly.
4. Turn your jars upside down a couple of times and allow them to sit on the counter for 12 hours. Turn your jars again and allow them to sit upside down for another 12 hours.